Hard to believe I have been designing our holiday card for twenty years! The concept for this year came to me while shooting my portfolio this fall. We were capturing some examples of previous cards, and it dawned on me everyone in our house was spread out across the country this year, and I would not have a group shot. Then inspiration hit…
It is a mad dash to get it all done this week. I am excited for what’s ahead for Curatorial Me in 2017, but first I must get Christmas wrapped.
Sharing my gift ideas that are perfect for that special person who likes to keep things high contrast. These goodies may be themed to black and white, but there is nothing basic about any of them!
- GREY GLASS TUMBLERS // Lost and Found LA
- MUSUBI CLUTCH // Acne Studios
- REINHARD PLANK GREY STEGA HAT // Lost and Found LA
- KNOTTED ROPE BOWL // Areaware
- ARLO SKYE CARRY-ON // Arlo Skye
- RETRO PENNANTS // Three Potato Four
- RESIN SERVING BOARDS // Home Stories
- POP CHART LABS // Pop Chart Labs
- NATURAL TULSI MALA // Home Stories
- KNOTTY SCARF BY CARI + CARL //Snug Gallery
- GEOMETRIC MATTRESS BED // Mr. Dog New York
- SUNRISE BASKET // Celadon
- TOOLS OF THE TRADE // Nickey Kehoe
- CHARGE CABLE // Native Union
- CACTUS TEA TOWELS // Amelie Mancini
- QUIP TOOTHBRUSH // Quip
- QUARTZ ROCK RING // Bird
- MARBLED TOTE BAG // Rule of Three
- LEATHER DUCK BOOTS // Bird
- TUXEDO BIG-O KEYRING // Oventure
- BLACK WOOL CAPE // Cos
- BLACK LAB NEEDLEPOINT BELT // Tucker Blair
- PORCELAIN NESTING DOLLS // Home Stories
- ZIP WALLET // Claire Vivier
Artist and designer, Ben Pieratt creates collages out of old deconstructed books.
“It feels like an honor to be working at the end of one era and the the beginning of another. If print is dead then it’s the internet that killed it, and so it seems necessary that Dead Bookstore is about both. My goal is to transform and exploit the remains of the print industry, a deconstruction and opportunity centuries in the making.”
Series I made of 12 found works spanning 65 years is now available.
Too hard to choose which one I want the most.
Coral and Tusk textiles
Arlo Skye rolling bag
Holographic ink, foil stamp and material
Drunk Elephant LaLa cream
Schneider felt tip pens in blue for writing and red for markup
A fully charged battery (applies to devices, mental awareness, and physical energy)
Native Union knotted charge cords
Color mood swings
The Peanuts windows at The Bean NYC
Checking things twice
The Fall on Netflix
John Carter (yes, from ER)
Recipe development for TopBalls 2017
The mint green color palette of the the train in Wes Anderson’s short for H&M
The little drummer boy
H&M and Wes Anderson for the holiday marketing win with this charming short film!
I am obsessed with the pistachio green interiors of the train cars.